PSHE - RSE & Health Education
At Liscard Primary School we are incredibly proud of our work on Personal Social Health Education. We consider that Relationships and Sex Education is an integral part of the PSHE curriculum, and is linked to that for Science. We have used the new statutory RSE & Health Education document to inform our future planning and have ensured that the objectives are delivered at age appropriate stages. Our philosophy is underpinned by the values and principles of the United Nation’s Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC).
We aim to offer pupils a carefully planned programme on human development, relationships, sexuality and family life within a safe, comfortable atmosphere and in a relaxed relationship between teacher and pupil. The programme is set within a moral framework and matched to the pupils’ level of maturity. The following aims compliment those of the Personal, Social and Emotional and Understanding of the World in EYFS, and the Science curriculum in KS1 and KS2.
- To have the confidence and self-esteem to value themselves and others
- To understand about the range of relationships, including the importance of family for the care and support of children
- To develop confidence in talking, listening and thinking about feelings and relationships
- To be able to name parts of the body and describe how their bodies work
- To be prepared for puberty
- To understand the consequences of their actions and behave responsibly within relationships
- To be able to recognise unsafe situations and be able to protect themselves and ask for help and support