What help can you get with childcare costs?
Use this calculator on the government website to find out how much you could get towards approved childcare, including:
- free childcare for children aged between 2 and 4
- help with childcare costs if your child is under 16 (or under 17 and disabled)
To check if you are eligible for 30 free hours a week, or Tax-Free Childcare, you’ll need to know the working hours and income for yourself (and your partner, if you have one).
You’ll also need to give information about your children, including:
- their dates of birth
- what you think your weekly or monthly approved childcare costs might be or what they are
- any benefits they get
It should take around 5 minutes to complete.
Did you know you can get up to £500 every 3 months (£2,000 a year) for each of your children to help with the costs of childcare?
If you get Tax-Free Childcare, the government will pay £2 for every £8 you pay your childcare provider. This is paid via an online childcare account that you set up for your child.
You can get Tax-Free Childcare at the same time as 30 hours free childcare if you’re eligible for both.
How you can use Tax-Free Childcare at Liscard Primary School
You can use it to pay for:
- additional pre-school provision
- before/after school club and Holiday Club at Liscard Pirates/Captains Club
Please contact our school office to check that we are already registered with your preferred scheme – we can usually add other schemes to our growing list!
Lots more information about eligibility and how to apply etc. is available at www.gov.uk/tax-free-childcare