Equality objectives relate to any of the three aims of the public sector equality duty which are:
- Eliminating discrimination and other conduct prohibited by the Equality Act
- Advancing equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
- Fostering good relations across all characteristics – between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not.
The equality objectives link to the School Catch Up Premium plan and the Pupil Premium Strategy.
- Narrowing gaps in attainment between groups of pupils, for example, girls and boys, SEND, CLA and FSM
- Improving the attendance of pupils from particular groups
- Increasing the participation of particular groups in school activities
- Continuing to reducing prejudice-related language and the use of derogatory language