Covid-19 Amendment to Behaviour Policy June 2020
At Liscard Primary School we are working hard to ensure the safety and well-being of our children and staff during this unprecedented time. We will continue to uphold the ethos of the school and endeavour to provide children with an environment which is safe, caring and fair. The need for supporting children’s mental health and well-being at this time is more important than ever and staff will plan opportunities for children to share their thoughts and feelings. Our Family Support Workers will continue to support our children and families.
Bullying of any kind continues to be unacceptable. Any incidents will be dealt with promptly and effectively with pastoral support available when necessary.
We will continue to follow our Behaviour Policy and Sanction Hierarchy which has been amended slightly in light of Covid 19. It is vital that our high standards of behaviour remain and children continue to follow the school rules and adapted expectations:
Routines and Procedures:
We expect children will:
- Follow the one-way system around the school grounds.
- Remain within their allocated pod whilst in school and during structured play.
- Only bring in named water bottles, prescription glasses and tissues from home. No mobile phones, toys or equipment
- Follow instructions given by members of staff.
- Keep away from out of bounds areas, both inside and outside the school building.
- Keep a social distance away from others, aiming for 2 metres when they can.
Health and Hygiene:
We expect children will:
- Follow guidelines for washing hands for 20 seconds regularly throughout the day.
- Use hand sanitiser when handwashing is not available.
- Follow the ‘catch it, bin it and kill it’ motto for using tissues when sneezing.
- Use their inside elbow to cough or sneeze into if a tissue is not available.
- Try and avoid touching their mouths, nose and eyes with their hands.
- Only use their own equipment.
Rewards and Incentives:
- Dojos and praise will continue to be used to recognise children’s hard work, efforts and behaviour to keep their self-esteem and motivation high.
- Certificates and on-line messages to home may also be given to celebrate effort.
- Missing time out of Structured Outdoor Activity.
- Time in isolated room supervised by staff.
- Behaviour Chart.
- Parents informed by teacher/ SLT.
- Time at home for a period of time if safety of others in school is compromised.
- Exclusion from school if safety of others continues to be compromised.